5 Tips for Standing out Against Your Real Estate Competitors
Expert insights from Veronica Figueroa of The Figueroa Team
In real estate, things move fast and the competition doesn’t sleep. So, what are you doing to stand out? In order to be the go-to agent in your market, you need to be one step ahead of your top competitors. Start with these 5 quick tips.
Tip #1: Efficiency is Key
Inefficiency wastes time… and nobody has time for that.
- Streamline your operations with time-saving technology (transaction management, CRM, team communication tools)
- Time block your schedule with dedicated slots for emails, showings, lead follow up, and prospecting
- Know your ideal customer like the back of your hand to avoid wasted time
Tip #2: Know the Industry
To stay ahead, keep a finger on the pulse of the real estate industry.
- Stay current with industry news: Inman, RETechnology, RISMedia, local associations, etc.
- Follow trends and shifts in technology
- Understand the real estate industry at the local, regional, and national level
- Attend conferences and events: franchise events, Inman Connect, BoomTown Unite, etc.
Tip #3: Adapt to Thrive
Understand that you can’t fight every trend in real estate and learn how to move with the tide, not against it.
- Be aware of the status of iBuyers within your market. Be honest and communicative with your seller prospects about all of their options. (They will appreciate your transparency. Sellers want options!)
- Technology is your friend! Adapt (and adopt) the tools that can maximize your efficiency and help you grow your business.
Tip #4: Personalization
“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- Be your most authentic self. Homebuyers appreciate a human-to-human interaction. Not only does this build trust and help you stand out against competitors, but it also gives you a leg up against more impersonal technology-based transaction processes
- YOU are your brand. Focus on what sets you apart and turn that into your unique value proposition
- Enhance the consumer experience with personal touches: record more videos, engage on social media and allow your personality to come through.
Tip #5: Check Your Ego at the Door!
You are in the business of people. Your job is to solve problems for homebuyers and create a better consumer experience. The most successful agents are the ones that prioritize their team and their clients over themselves.
- Change happens. (So stop complaining and learn to work around the road bumps.)
- It’s all about the consumer experience. There are times that you’ll have to go out of your way to go the extra mile for your clients, and it’ll be worth it!
- Be open to learning new things, shifting your strategy, and adapting to shifts in the real estate industry or your local market.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other real estate professionals