In real estate, things move fast and the competition doesn’t sleep. So, what are you doing to stand out? In order to be the go-to agent in your market, you need to be one step ahead of your top competitors. Start with these 6 quick tips.
Tip #1: Efficiency is Key
Inefficiency wastes time… and nobody has time for that.
- Streamline your operations with time-saving technology (transaction management, CRM, team communication tools)
- Time block your schedule with dedicated slots for emails, showings, lead follow up, and prospecting
- Know your ideal customer like the back of your hand to avoid wasted time
Tip #2: Know the Industry
To stay ahead, keep a finger on the pulse of the real estate industry.
- Stay current with industry news: Inman, RETechnology, RISMedia, local associations, etc.
- Follow trends and shifts in technology
- Understand the real estate industry at the local, regional, and national level
- Attend conferences and events: franchise events, Inman Connect, BoomTown Unite, etc.
Tip #3: Adapt to Thrive
Understand that you can’t fight every trend in real estate and learn how to move with the tide, not against it.
- Be aware of the status of iBuyers within your market. Be honest and communicative with your seller prospects about all of their options. (They will appreciate your transparency. Sellers want options!)
- Technology is your friend! Adapt (and adopt) the tools that can maximize your efficiency and help you grow your business.
Tip #4: Personalization
“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- Be your most authentic self. Homebuyers appreciate a human-to-human interaction. Not only does this build trust and help you stand out against competitors, but it also gives you a leg up against more impersonal technology-based transaction processes
- YOU are your brand. Focus on what sets you apart and turn that into your unique value proposition
- Enhance the consumer experience with personal touches: record more videos, engage on social media and allow your personality to come through.
Tip #5: Check Your Ego at the Door!
You are in the business of people. Your job is to solve problems for homebuyers and create a better consumer experience. The most successful agents are the ones that prioritize their team and their clients over themselves.
- Change happens. (So stop complaining and learn to work around the road bumps.)
- It’s all about the consumer experience. There are times that you’ll have to go out of your way to go the extra mile for your clients, and it’ll be worth it!
- Be open to learning new things, shifting your strategy, and adapting to shifts in the real estate industry or your local market.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other real estate professionals
Tip #6: Brand is Everything
To stand out from the noise, build a brand that consumers can actually feel.
- Live by your reviews! Get creative with your client feedback and consider utilizing video testimonials.
- Humanize the “Team” page on your website by adding silly photos or fun facts about each team member.