BoomTown Success Managers Share Tips for a BOOMing Business
Some of your BoomTown Success Managers had the opportunity to attend Bob Corcoran’s Buyer Agent BootCamp and gain some great insights to help our clients create a BOOMing business in 2014 and beyond! Bob knows just how to get you to be #1 and stay #1, and here are even more tips from our trip this year:
1. Step up or Step out!
- 80% of all sales are made from the 5th to 12th contact
- 45% of leads are not contacted at all or contact is stopped after the initial touch
- Remember: you have a 50% chance of getting what you want if you ask, and a 100% chance of not getting it if you don’t.
2. Create a successful team and communicate effectively
- Have your team take a DISC profile assessment (http://www.corcorancoaching.com/behavioralstyle.php) to learn communication tips for each personality
- You have to know how to talk to different personalities, not only leads, but also on your own team.
- The nuances of a word are very important when communicating with different personality types.
- For team structure, Bob recommends a diverse array of personality types.
3. Foster a healthy office culture
- No one should work more than 50 hours a week. Make weekly schedules and stick to them!
- Have core values that specifically define your mission/team and be sure that each team member lives by these values – In team meetings, repeat the core values!
- Have a sales board in office!
4. Hold your Team Accountable
- Create Daily Activity Reports to be turned in by 9:00 a.m. the following day
- Set consequences “that hurt!” (For example: No commission!)
- To Agents: “If you are not working leads, then you are wasting my $$”
- Time Wasters: “OHIO” Only Handle It Once
5. Ensure your team gets the call right! Here are some clever ways to remember to check all the right boxes:
- Build a rapport with your lead! Talk about what your lead’s wants and needs are.
- Use short sentences, but be sure to get a lot of information. Use clear and concise questions and slow down when you are speaking. Be deliberate with your communication.
- You don’t need to know everything – just where to get the information: “that’s a great question; I’ll look into that and get back to you.”
- Always show care and concern.
- LPMAMA – Use for all prospecting calls:
Location – Where do they want to live?
Price – How much house can they afford?
Motivation – When can they move in?
Agent – Have they signed a buyer agency agreement with another Agent?
Mortgage – Paying cash or will they need a mortgage?
Appointment- Close for the appointment!
For more information about Bob Corcoran or Corcoran Coaching please call 1-800-957-8353 or email info@CorcoranCoaching.com.