The Secret to Getting Listings in a Low Inventory Market
Low inventory is the hot button real estate issue on every agent’s mind going into 2018. According to The National Association of Realtors, current inventory for existing single-family homes and multifamily homes stands at 1.67 million, and homeowners and developers will continue to feel the effects until the dry market spikes back up. You’re not alone in wondering, “Where the heck am I going to get my next listing?”
There’s one secret in a tight inventory market to help get listings, and it’s simply…
Be the best buyer’s agent in your market!
Don’t believe us? Check out these 2017 stats from the National Association of Realtors
- 76% of all home sellers were married couples who moved the median distance of just 12 miles from their old home
- The #1 reason they moved was because they said their house was too small
So how does this translate into getting more listings?
You’re looking at a classic upgrade scenario, but it’s tough to be a buyer right now. That’s where you come in! This is your opportunity to “be the hero.” Be their go-to problem solver.
Instead of telling them, “I’m going to sell your home quickly for full asking price”
Try showing them …
- how to compete with multiple offers
- more financing options
- introduce them to a totally new neighborhood that has what they’re looking for.
Be the problem solver = Get the listing
The BoomTown system tags leads that have a home to sell by prompting them with a few questions when they register on your site.
- Do you have a home to sell?
- What is your timeline for purchase?
- Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage?
These questions allow you to filter through your leads to find only leads who have (A) shown interest by recently visiting your site, and (B) have a home to sell.
This is the real key to turning buyer leads into your next listing. So go forth – be the hero!